- Here's an extract of the historical novel/historical research events going on in York over the summer:
- In Conversation with Susanna Gregory
- Susanna Gregory will be reading from her book Mystery in the Minster, written especially for this year's Big City Read event.
Wed, 25 Jul 2012
- Literary Luncheon with Susanna Gregory
- Join Susanna Gregory for an intimate buffet lunch to find out more about her writing.
Thu, 26 Jul 2012
- Rory Clements
- Rory Clements talks about his historical thrillers.
Tue, 7 Aug 2012
- York 1212 - The City, the Charter and the King
- Join historian, Dr. Sarah Rees-Jones and take a trip back to York during the reign of King John.
Sun, 12 Aug 2012
- An evening with Elizabeth Chadwick
- Elizabeth Chadwick joins us to talk about her fascinating experiences of turning medieval history into fiction.
Thu, 16 Aug 2012
- Alison Weir: A Dangerous Inheritance
- Alison's talk will be largely factual. She will also discuss the
writing of historical fiction, and how historical sources can be used to
create a novel like this.
Wed, 22 Aug 2012
- A Treasury of Stained Glass - York Minster
- Sarah Brown talks about York Minister's stained glass.
Thu, 30 Aug 2012
- The World in 1212 - Professor Robert Bartlett
- Professor Bartlett talks about the world in 1212 and medieval views of the earth.
Tue, 4 Sep 2012
- An evening with Karen Maitland
- Karen Maitland talks about her latest book, Falcon of Fire and Ice.
Thu, 6 Sep 2012
- Medieval Literature
- An introduction to medieval literature.
Thu, 13 Sep 2012
- Medieval Murderers
- Michael Jecks, Ian Morson and Susanna Gregory talk at the final event of the Big City Read.
Thu, 20 Sep 2012